April is here! Around my home in Utah, March brought us a little glimpse of spring before going back to chilly weather, but I’m hoping this month the sun will be here to stay! Seeing some green back in the world is a welcome sight for me this year.
That being said, March had a lot happening around here, so if you’re curious, read on!
• After about three years, I finally finished Parenthood! Far and away it was the best show I have ever seen and I’m so sad it’s over. What should I watch next?
• Colby and I have been trying to work our way through all the Oscar nominated movies and we made a pretty good dent this month. We watched La La Land, Moonlight, and Mr. Fantastic and loved them all.
• If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve spent a lot of the last month raising awareness for a cause I’m passionate about: saving Bonanza Flats. A large section of gorgeous land in Utah’s mountains is in danger of being bought and developed, and Utah Open Lands is trying to buy it away first. If you’re passionate about wild places and want to help out, you can donate on the Utah Open Lands website.
• My friend Shaun and I drove to Delta, UT for a wedding and along the way, explored this old abandoned reduction mill covered in graffiti featured in the photos on this post. Such an interesting, weird place.
• I finally got outside on a couple hikes this month, and visited a few waterfalls I had never been to before!
• On that note, I also made a TV appearance on Fox 13 to talk about my top 5 favorite spring waterfall hikes! It’s so fun every time I get to do a segment and I’m hoping I’ll get to do it more often now that the weather is getting better! If you want to check it out, you can watch it on The Place!
• Colby and I went fishing for the first time this season and it was so fun getting back out on the river! We both need a lot of practice but it’s so relaxing to be out there with the flowing water and bright sun.
• I got to go try out a couple new restaurants at some influencer events. Getting together with all the local foodies is one of my favorite things to do and I’m always so in my element. The Chocolate Storm at the Vanilla Bean in Provo was unreal good, and then later in the month I loved tasting tons of different olive oils and gourmet foods at We Olive in SLC!
• The whole Female Foodie team also got together this month at one of my favorite restaurants in SLC. So yummy and so fun to catch up with everyone!
• I guess it was a foodie month because I ended it by going to Alton Brown Live! It was such a crazy, funny show that included a rocketship full of popcorn. So basically, it was amazing.
• Grow my IG to 4,000. – I knocked this one out of the park! At the end of March last Friday, I was at around 4,800. So happy!
• Send some email newsletters. – I did this too! Well, I sent out one email, so if you received it, let me know what you thought!
• Put together some Iceland posts I’ve been procrastinating. – I did one that I’ve been working on forever: backpacking through the highlands of Iceland.
• Make progress on our living room. – I did make progress, but not as much as I wanted to.
• Get outside once a week. – Done!
• Create a morning routine that works for me. – I’ve been working on this and I’m getting there! I woke up earlier most mornings this month to do yoga or take Amaya for a walk, and I’ve been loving it.
• Start on a food collaboration I have in the works. Really excited about this!
• Post consistently on Instagram. I’ve been working on engaging and growing my following, but my actual sharing of content has been a little sporadic.
• Do a live video! I love live video but I never know what to talk about on there. If you have any ideas, let me know.
• Finish our living room gallery wall. It feels like I’ve been working on it forever!
• Build a planter box in our backyard. Colby put me in charge of this while he works on the grass, so I’m going to learn to build something!
• Buy plane tickets for a wedding we have this summer. I’m so bad about procrastinating travel purchases so I need to get on this.