It has been a hot minute. The past two months of my life have been crazy, with no end in sight. I completely skipped over a goals/rewind post last month, so I’ll do my best to update you on everything that’s been going on around here and reflect on the goals I made in April!
April / May Rewind
• At the beginning of April, Colby and I found out we had made it into a competition to win a restaurant. You can read all the details about the competition and our restaurant concept here, but basically, it consumed our lives for over a month. We didn’t end up winning, but it was a lot of fun and we learned a ton in the process.
• We went on our first camping trip of the season in mid-April when Colby had a spontaneous two days off work. We drove down to southern Utah and it seemed like everything on our trip went wrong (we forgot a lighter and couldn’t light a fire, we had no food, it took us forever to find a camping spot), but it was still fun to snuggle into a tent with my partner and pup.
• It finally got warm in Salt Lake so we started working on our yard which needs so much help. The people who owned our house before us did not take care of it at all. It’s nice, because we can make it how we want to be, but it is so much work! We got some patio furniture, I hung up my hammock, and we planted an herb garden so it’s coming along nicely.
• In May I went to Capitol Reef National Park for the first time with my friend Melissa and it was rad. We camped under the most beautiful starry sky and woke up before dawn to catch the sunrise over the rock formations. More detailed posts will definitely be coming soon!
• Colby and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary by going to the aquarium and eating at Smashburger (a tradition of ours since that’s where we met in person). It was a fun, relaxing day.
• A few days after that, we celebrated Colby’s birthday with Chick-fil-a for breakfast and fancy pizza for dinner. I gave him a Traeger grill for his gift and it’s safe to say we are both obsessed with it now. Colby smoked a brisket for 12 hours over the weekend and it was divine. So excited for a whole summer of grilling and good food.
• I finally finished my gallery wall in our living room! I’ve been working on this project for so long so it felt so good to get it all done. (Hint: it’s not your typical gallery wall.)
April / May Goals Revisited
• Start on a food collaboration I have in the works. – I did not do this at all. The restaurant competition kind of took over.
• Post consistently on Instagram. – I’ve been better about this, but could definitely post more often.
• Do a live video. – I didn’t do this one either.
• Finish our living room gallery wall. – Done! See it here.
• Build a planter box in our backyard. – Not only did I build it, we even put plants in it! So on top of things.
• Buy plane tickets for a wedding we have this summer. – Also done! We’re heading out in about a month!
• Get back on my schedule of posting at least once a week. I have lots of post ideas I’m excited about, I just need to make time to do it!
• Send out an email newsletter. Maybe you get sick of me putting this on here, but I honestly won’t do it unless I do. And even then I still sometimes won’t do it.
• Hit 8,000 Instagram followers. I’m getting so close to my goal for the whole year, which is 10K! If you want to follow along and you love photos of beautiful places, find me @saltywanders.
• Rid our yard of “The Jungle,” otherwise known as the massive weed patch taking over half of our backyard.
• Finish the book I’m reading and start a new one. I’ve been cruising through audiobooks lately, but it’s taken me so long to read the physical book I’ve been making my way through (this one).
• Plan my best friend’s bachelorette party! So excited.